Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 1999/11/23 22:50:02 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/lib/expat-lite expat_lite.dsw xmltok.dsp xmltok.def xmltok.mak xmlparse.dsp xmlparse.def xmlparse.mak dllmain.c

On 23 Nov 1999 stoddard@hyperreal.org wrote:
> stoddard    99/11/23 13:04:25
>
>   Added:       src/lib/expat-lite expat_lite.dsw xmltok.dsp xmltok.def
>                         xmltok.mak xmlparse.dsp xmlparse.def xmlparse.mak
>                         dllmain.c
>   Log:
>   Add project files to enable expat to compile on Windows

Why two DLLs? I'm not sure I see the benefit of two DLLs. IMO, these
should just get jammed into one DLL.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Posted by Keith Wannamaker <kr...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
> Why two DLLs? I'm not sure I see the benefit of
> two DLLs. IMO, these should just get jammed into
> one DLL.

The expat NT build was not changed, just added.

I don't think forking the Expat tree and munging
it for Apache is a good idea.  If James Clark
wants to change the Expat tree to use one Win32
binary, we can pick up an update when he makes
the change.

--
Keith Wannamaker
IBM HTTP Server Development