Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us> on 2006/01/02 14:35:31 UTC

[users@httpd] IP/Host not logged ?

Ok I have been getting some really weird hits on my websites and they don't
contain a IP or host in the log.

. - - [02/Jan/2006:01:59:37 -0800] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 54 "-"
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"

Has anyone else been getting these as well? And does anyone know how this is
happening? I have never seen this before.

Scott

Re: [users@httpd] IP/Host not logged ?

Posted by Gerry Danen <gd...@gmail.com>.
gdanen@gmail.com

On 1/2/06, Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us> wrote:

> Sure. I would like to know who, what, how on this one.
>
> Scott
>
> On Mon 2 January 2006 14:44, Gerry Danen wrote:
> > When it crawls the site, if you get always a hit on a specific page, you
> > could capture more info than you would get in the log. Sometimes the
> > "browser" field has the name of the bot in it.
> >
> > You want to pursue this off-list?
> >
> > Gerry
> >
> > On 1/2/06, Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us> wrote:
> > >
> > > Looks like only bots. I have a few hits of robots.txt getting hit
> first
> > > then
> > > it crawls the site but thats but I have more hits to the
> robots.txtwithout
> > > crawl.
> > >
> > > It almost feels virus like but I have no windows computer here in my
> > > network.
> > >
> > > Scott

> > > happen.

> > --
> > Gerry
> > http://portal.danen.org/

Gerry
http://portal.danen.org/

Re: [users@httpd] IP/Host not logged ?

Posted by Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us>.

Posted by Gerry Danen <gd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us>.

Posted by Gerry Danen <gd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us>.

Posted by Gerry Danen <gd...@gmail.com>.
Scott, what's the mystery, the missing IP or the GET robots.txt?

Gerry

On 1/2/06, Scott Grayban <sg...@borgnet.us> wrote:

> Ok I have been getting some really weird hits on my websites and they
> don't
> contain a IP or host in the log.
>
> . - - [02/Jan/2006:01:59:37 -0800] "GET /robots.txt HTTP/1.0" 200 54 "-"
> "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)"
>
> Has anyone else been getting these as well? And does anyone know how this
> is
> happening? I have never seen this before.
>
> Scott

Gerry
http://portal.danen.org/