Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Mykola Ostapchuk <my...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/06/26 23:59:10 UTC

"Refresh" attribute question

Hello,

I'm new to OJB. Can anybody explain to me the purpose of "refresh" attribute
for reference-descriptor?
All I found is: "The refresh attribute can be set to true to force OJB to
refresh object references on instance loading. "...

The second - I don't understand why this attribute by default is "false"?
When I'm doing any update to "parent" table - "child" table is populated
with NULL values if "refresh" is set to "false".
I just don't see the reason - why BY DEFAULT "parent" object in "child"
table shouldn't change.
Or maybee I'm missing something?