Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Oliver Erlewein <ol...@erlewein.net> on 2016/05/09 02:54:11 UTC

Constant throughput timer feature request

Hi,

I have the need to control the throughput on the constant throughput timer
via a variable. That includes the possibility to switch it off. In a lot of
JMeter areas you can do that by passing a negative value (ex. -1). But not
here. -1 will do one iteration only.

Can we change this behaviour? Clearly -1 is not sensible in a constant
throughput controller so why not use it to skip it's function?

Cheers
Oliver

Re: Constant throughput timer feature request

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 10 May 2016 at 03:02, Oliver Erlewein <ol...@erlewein.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for that. Ill raise it in bugzilla as a CR.
>
> I tested it with -1 (and -100) and it looks like it executes each thread
> once only. Of course that is a 5min high level test so is by no means
> exhaustive. But I'm guessing nobody is using that anyway.

When I tried -1 it calculated the delay as negative so did not delay at all.
There must be something else in the plan that is causing a problem.

Note that using 0 will cause a very high delay and threads will
therefore appear to execute once only.

> As for the sufficiently high number, I am just unsure how much overhead it
> adds.

Exactly the same as using it normally.

But it should be possible to reduce that.

Posted by Oliver Erlewein <ol...@erlewein.net>.
Hi,

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.