Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by Dan Pritts <da...@umich.edu> on 2016/08/18 20:15:04 UTC

Specify location of shiro.ini with java system property?

Hi all,

I'm running a prepackaged application (apache jena fuseki) that uses
shiro.  It places a shiro.ini file in an inconvenient place, and I'd
like to override the location.

I've looked through the shiro web site for a while and come up empty.  I
found documentation on how to set the location in my own java code, and
how to set it in servlet properties if i were running under tomcat.
Unfortunately I'm doing neither, so these aren't helpful.

Ideally there'd be something that i could add to the java command line like:

-DshiroConfigLocation=file:/etc/shiro.ini

am I missing something, or is it just not there?

thanks!
danno
--
Dan Pritts
ICPSR Computing & Network Services

Re: Specify location of shiro.ini with java system property?

Posted by Dan Pritts <da...@umich.edu>.
Yeah, i found that.  I believe it's running under jetty, but it's all
prepackaged, and as you suggest I'd rather not mess with it.

And of course the Fuseki folks don't mention any ability to configure
the location - just that by default it's plopped right in the
application's base directory.

I think I'll just bite the bullet and install tomcat.

thanks for your help

danno

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.