Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by "Barkdoll, Michael A" <mb...@cs.siu.edu> on 2019/11/05 21:07:27 UTC

Remote Debugging Tomcat .WAR with Eclipse

Hi Apache Guacamole Developers,

I've documented how to setup remote debugging using a tomcat with jpda and eclipse with breakpoints in the code.  I saw this was asked a few times in the mailing list and previously on sourceforge discussion system.  I was still a bit unclear on the process so I put together some documentation to help others inside a Markdown file on a GitHub repository.

https://github.com/michaelbarkdoll/FA19-SeniorProject/blob/master/Remote%20Debugging/Guacamole-client_Remote_Debugging.md

Note: I'm still using the cli `mvn package` command to build the source code.  This is likely a bit of a dirty hack but it worked for my needs today.