Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/14 07:36:23 UTC

INFO: stop online translation on the old Pootle server

Hi,

please stop online translation on the old Pootle server. We are in a
transition phase to the new server and I would like to avoid duplicate
work. Please note the new on the Pootle server as well where I have
explained it also.

We are working to fix this asap to bring the new Pootle server live.

Juergen

Re: INFO: stop online translation on the old Pootle server

Posted by Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>.
Il 14/05/2013 13:32, Kadal Amutham ha scritto:
> I am doing off-line Tamil translation. Hope I can proceed.
>
> With Warm Regards
[cut]

Yes, you can keep working offline.

Paolo

Re: INFO: stop online translation on the old Pootle server

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I am doing off-line Tamil translation. Hope I can proceed.

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480
914422396480

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/13 3:55 PM, Xuacu wrote:
> I'm sorry, I've been translating Asturian language yesterday.
> I will stop translating until new Pootle be available. My apologies.

you don't have to apologize, the project say thank to you and your
efforts ;-)

The state form yesterday is synchronized to the new server and you will
be able to continue on the same state as yesterday.

The only problem is that the information got lost who did the
translation online. We have to check how we can credit the translation
work properly

I will keep the list informed when the new server is ready

Juergen

Posted by Xuacu <xu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/13 1:55 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/14/13 1:30 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
>>> please stop online translation on the old Pootle server. We are in a
>>> transition phase to the new server
>>
>> Can we put a notice on
>> https://translate.apache.org/
>> until the server is replaced?
>>
>> Actually, 3 languages have been updated in the last 24 hours.
>>
>> It would be best to shut the old server down by closing it (blocking
>> write permissions) or by .htaccess (like "The server is being updated!
>> Please don't work on translations at the moment. Contact
>> l10n@openoffice.apache.org for more", and setting a username/password
>> that we can share here and that we trust people will only use for
>> read-only access).
>
> I have published a news on the old server already

but there is still somebody working on the french translation :-(
Makes it hard for me to synchronize

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/13 3:06 PM, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 5/14/13 2:24 PM, Claudio Filho wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> 2013/5/14 Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>:
>>> It's no surprise then that people are still working...
>>
>> It's no surprise because some people (like me) access directly
>> http://.../<lang> and starts the work. The difference is that i follow
>> the list. ;-)
>>
>> +1 to add something in .htaccess or close the old pootle.
>
> we will close it
>
> The news are indeed not really visible

The old server is now down and users will get informed

Juergen

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> I have published a news on the old server already

If it's there, it's not very visible: I can't find it at
https://translate.apache.org/

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.