Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com> on 2016/01/11 11:58:37 UTC

Re: Connection refused via JDBC

Hi,

Please subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have to manually
approve your emails, it's really annoying). All you need to do is send an
email to “ user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions
in the reply.

>From what I see, JdbcConnectionPool is H2 database specific factory that
returns H2 DataSource. Take a look at the package name if the factory.

If you want to use MySql instead then you should use some other standard way
to create a MySql DataSource.

--
Denis

Re: Connection refused via JDBC

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Yeah, now you are subscribed.

Returning to your question. It won't be enough to change the connection
string to make the example workable with MySQL because, as I mentioned,
JdbcConnectionPool class is H2 DB pool that returns H2 data sources only.

You should create MySQL DataSource some other way and use it in the
example. According to this article [1] you can use the following class
for this - com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource.
And this tutorial [2] shows how MysqlDataSource can be created.

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/jdbc/basics/sqldatasources.html
[2]
http://www.journaldev.com/2509/jdbc-datasource-example-oracle-mysql-and-apache-dbcp-tutorial

--