Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by lancedv <la...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/13 11:16:56 UTC

MessageServlet in Glassfish

Hi to all,

I was wondering if i could use the MessageServlet servlet in Glassfish using
OpenMQ as broker. I noticed that in the deployment descriptor of demo web
app that it is using an embedded broker pointing to vm://localhost.

Would it work if i use OpenMQ? TIA

Re: MessageServlet in Glassfish

Posted by Eric Rodriguez <to...@gmail.com>.
I don't know how OpenMQ works, I can tell you however that you can point
it to an external broker such as tcp://host.port and many more protocols:

http://activemq.apache.org/uri-protocols.html

Hope this helps,
Eric

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 13 May 2008, at 10:16, lancedv wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I was wondering if i could use the MessageServlet servlet in
> Glassfish using
> OpenMQ as broker. I noticed that in the deployment descriptor of
> demo web
> app that it is using an embedded broker pointing to vm://localhost.
>
> Would it work if i use OpenMQ? TIA

No idea - try it and let us know - not sure why anyone would use
openMQ though ;)

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration