Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Bryce L Nordgren <bn...@fs.fed.us> on 2006/06/15 20:03:36 UTC

commons-events: similarity to java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport

Please respond with comment on
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SANDBOX-149.

I am exploring re-designing collections-events using extension of the
standard property change support stuff in java.beans.  I'm trying to keep
the goals/tradeoffs mentioned in the "3 proposals" email in mind.

The main thing I don't quite understand yet is: The packages currently
support vetoable changes _and_ pre/post events.  Aren't these the same
thing?  Or should pre/post events be renamed to "change requests" and
"changes"?