Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2008/01/21 13:43:50 UTC

design question: How to easily build a tree of projects?

Hi,

I have a tree of projects which depend on each other and of course its
parents. It is a xmlbeans schema tree, but that should not matter.

Right now, I have simple projects in the filesystem, but it is very hard to
compile or built them, because I have to invoke maven on each project.

Is there is simpler way? Can I nest multi-module-projects?

Or is there a plugin that automatically traverses a directory and builds
each project?

What would you suggest?

Jan

Re: design question: How to easily build a tree of projects?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
It might work without the <parent> tags. But it certainly will not
work without the <modules>.

Wayne

Posted by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rex Huang <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
i have a tree of modules projects to aggregate all of my projects together for
CI, it works very well...

NOTE the modules projects are not parents but siblings of the modules they
aggregate

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 01:43:50 Jan Torben Heuer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a tree of projects which depend on each other and of course its
> parents. It is a xmlbeans schema tree, but that should not matter.
>
> Right now, I have simple projects in the filesystem, but it is very hard to
> compile or built them, because I have to invoke maven on each project.
>
> Is there is simpler way? Can I nest multi-module-projects?
>
> Or is there a plugin that automatically traverses a directory and builds
> each project?
>
> What would you suggest?
>
> Jan

Michael McCallum