Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by idivad <id...@yahoo.com> on 2011/06/05 17:24:40 UTC

java.lang.AbstractMethodError at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:55)

Hello,
I am new to solr and followed the instruction on
&lt;http://www.tc.umn.edu/~brams006/solr_ubuntu.html&gt;

I am executing the following command in a shell
ubuntu1@ubuntu1:/opt/solr$ curl
"http://192.168.1.126:8080/solrprod/update/extract?literal.id=doc2&captureAttr=true&defaultField=text&fmap.div=foo_txt&capture=div"
-F "tutorial=@crash.log"

I have a java background and edited the ContentStreamHandlerBase to so
additional verbosity and values for: req,content,stream

I am still getting nowhere.  I get the same error but with a differnt line
number (due to my recompiled code).  The stacktrace with the original code
start at line 55, which is the following code:

documentLoader.load(req, rsp, stream);

I created a java class using solrj to transmit a pdf to the solr server and
I'm getting the same error, The error when transmitting the pdf from a
remote computer acutally has "null" for the System.println.out(stream); but
thats a different issue.

What I'm concerned about here is why am I getting the AbstractMethodError
exception!?

Adittendly, I don't know if I've configured the handler correctly or if I"m
using the curl command correctly...I've followed all the online
documentation I've found... what am I missing?

  <requestHandler name="/update/extract"
                  startup="lazy"

class="org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingRequestHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">

   <str name="uprefix">ignored_</str>
<str name="fmap.content">text</str>

here is the stack trace

req:
{{params(defaultField=text&literal.id=doc2&capture=div&fmap.div=foo_txt&captureAttr=true),defaults(fmap.content=text&uprefix=ignored_)}}
rsp: org.apache.solr.response.SolrQueryResponse@66d7a9c9
stream: application/octet-stream crash.log
Jun 2, 2011 10:00:16 PM org.apache.solr.update.processor.LogUpdateProcessor
finish
INFO: {} 0 1
Jun 2, 2011 10:00:16 PM org.apache.solr.common.SolrException log
SEVERE: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:38)
        at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:129)
        at
org.apache.solr.core.RequestHandlers$LazyRequestHandlerWrapper.handleRequest(RequestHandlers.java:238)
        at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1360)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:356)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:252)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:240)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:462)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:563)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:399)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:317)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:204)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:182)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:311)
        at
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

As a side note, I've executed a command that test to see if Tika is
extracting the data correctly.

1. To test tika pass a doc to the jar file
>/opt/solr/tomcat7/data/solr/prod/libs$ java -jar tika-app-0.9.jar -m
/opt/solr/Sample.pdf

	Author: David
	Creation-Date: 2011-06-02T22:09:43Z
	Last-Modified: 2011-06-02T22:09:43Z
	created: Thu Jun 02 17:09:43 CDT 2011
	creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2
	producer: Acrobat Distiller 6.0 (Windows)
	resourceName: Sample.pdf
	title: crash.log
	xmpTPg:NPages: 1

I have not made any changes to my schema.xml and not sure if I need to.
Please Help

Re: java.lang.AbstractMethodError at org.apache.solr.handler.ContentStreamHandlerBase.handleRequestBody(ContentStreamHandlerBase.java:55)

Posted by jj_solr <jo...@gmail.com>.
How did you resolve the problem?. Please advise.

Posted by idivad <id...@yahoo.com>.
Finally figured out the problem.