Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jon Drukman <jd...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 20:17:13 UTC

Boost documents based on a constant value in a field

I have a very simple schema: two integers and two text fields.

<fields>
    <field name="answer_id" type="integer" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" />
    <field name="question" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
    <field name="question_source" type="integer" indexed="true"
stored="true"/>
    <field name="answer" type="text" indexed="true" stored="false"/>
</fields>

I want to do full text searching on the text fields as normal.  However,
I want to boost all documents where question_source == 3 to the top.
How do I do that?

So the results should be:

All documents where question_source == 3 first, sorted by relevance in
the text fields.

All other documents sorted by text field relevance.

How do I achieve this?

-jsd-

Re: Boost documents based on a constant value in a field

Posted by Wangsheng Mei <ha...@gmail.com>.
you would use bq parameter to boost question_source==3 documents first.
similar to:
http://solr/select?q=your_query&qt=dismax&bq=question_source:3^1000

--
梅旺生