Posted to dev@vxquery.apache.org by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org> on 2016/05/08 17:06:32 UTC

Next VXQuery Release (Q2 2016?)

Hi Guys,

Its been about a year since our last release. What do you think we
need before doing another release?

- I think the only out standing issue is HDFS. It is so close to being
finished and would be nice user feature.

Also, I think we should let a new person do the release. Steven, would
you be up for trying it?

Thoughts?

Re: Next VXQuery Release (Q2 2016?)

Posted by Michael Carey <mj...@ics.uci.edu>.
+1 for HDFS (good reason to release!) and Steven....

Posted by Steven Jacobs <sj...@ucr.edu>.
I'll try it!
Steven

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I think that any release would be good - even if to does not contain the
HDFS stuff (but I agree that it would be even better if it were in).
There\u2019ve been quite a number of improvements VXQuery and in Hyracks that