Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by initnull <in...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/07 20:38:17 UTC

Dynamic messages versioning

Hi, we are using ActiveMQ in a distributed environment and we are
experiencing some issues with having multiple developers working together
and also with deployment from staging to production. The problem is that
when we upgrade to a new version there's still a lot of messages in the
different solution queues. Since our environment is distributed, some old
version nodes starts to consume new version messages which are sometime
slightly different from the previous ones. We would like to be able to
append a version property to our queues or messages in a dynamic fashion so
we don't need to re-configure services each time we deploy. Has anyone
already had this problem? Ideally, we would like to be able to fetch the
desired version from the service POM.xml.