Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/02/19 14:30:20 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.2 STATUS

dgaudet@hyperreal.org wrote:

>   +The main goal for 1.2.7 is stability.
>
>    Dean is pretty much accepted as the release manager for this branch.

I just wonder why the effort into the 1.2 tree, when the 1.3 tree is soo
close to a final release...

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.2 STATUS

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
What effort?  I haven't put any effort into 1.2.7 yet.

1.2.5 and lower did not implement HTTP/1.1 correctly.  I'm a lot happier
providing people with a 1.2.6 that is compliant than I am dictating that
they all upgrade to 1.3... especially when 1.3 won't happen for several
more months (just being a realist ;).  My guess is that folks will go from
1.2.5 to 1.2.6 a lot faster than they'd go to a 1.3.0.  If it were me, and
I wasn't working on apache, I'd certainly do that.  I never go for a ".0"
release of other folks software.

Dean