Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de> on 2006/02/06 14:46:52 UTC

Commit failed (details follow): Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-date ...

Hi,

trying to check-in some changes on my code, I get once again the
following message:

Commit failed (details follow):
Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data
The version resource does not correspond to the resource within the
transaction. Either the requested version resource is out of date (needs
to be updated), or the requested version resource is newer than the
transaction root (restart the commit).

It's not the first time I get this message. Usually I have to check-out
a new version to fix the problem. Could somebody tell me what the
problem is?

I'm the only person working on this project, so there are no changes on
the server side. The only thing special on the project is a library
which is imported via svn:external.

Any hint is very appreciated.

regards,
Achim

Re: Commit failed (details follow): Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-date ...

Posted by Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de>.
Martin Hauner wrote:

>> trying to check-in some changes on my code, I get once again the
>> following message:
[...]
> Do you update after the commit?

Which commit do you mean?

Some time ago I checked out my working copy, made changes and commited
them successfully. Nobody else is working on this project. Now suddenly
the commit failed with the error message I have posted.

After that I tried an 'update' on my working copy which told me, that
there are no changes on the server. Trying again to commit after the
update, I still get the same error.

Posted by Martin Hauner <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de> wrote:
> An: users@subversion.tigris.org
>
> trying to check-in some changes on my code, I get once again the
> following message:
>
> Commit failed (details follow):
> Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data
> The version resource does not correspond to the resource within the
> transaction. Either the requested version resource is out of date (needs
> to be updated), or the requested version resource is newer than the
> transaction root (restart the commit).
>
> It's not the first time I get this message. Usually I have to check-out
> a new version to fix the problem. Could somebody tell me what the
> problem is?

Do you update after the commit?

Martin

Subcommander, http://subcommander.tigris.org
a cross platform Win32/Unix/MacOSX subversion gui client & diff/merge tool.

DSL-Aktion wegen gro�er Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verl�ngert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Commit failed (details follow): Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-date ...

Posted by Martin Hauner <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de> wrote:
> Martin Hauner wrote:
>
> >> Commit failed (details follow):
> >> Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data
> >
> > http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#wc-out-of-date
> >
> > explains why an update may be necessary.
>
> That seems not to solve my problem. After reading the FAQ entry you are
> refering to, I tried the following:
>
> - 'svn update', then 'svn commit' -> failed!
> - 'svn commit' with single files. for files I just have added the commit
> works fine.
> - 'svn update' to have the latest revision on all files.
> - 'svn commit' with a changed visual studio project file (*.csproj) fails.
> - 'svn update' on this file shows, that it has the latest revision number.

Strange, no idea why it still fails. :(

Posted by Achim Domma <ac...@syynx.de>.
Martin Hauner wrote:

>> Commit failed (details follow):
>> Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#wc-out-of-date
>
> explains why an update may be necessary.

That seems not to solve my problem. After reading the FAQ entry you are
refering to, I tried the following:

- 'svn update', then 'svn commit' -> failed!
- 'svn commit' with single files. for files I just have added the commit
works fine.
- 'svn update' to have the latest revision on all files.
- 'svn commit' with a changed visual studio project file (*.csproj) fails.
- 'svn update' on this file shows, that it has the latest revision number.

Just tell me if I could provide you with more informations to figure out
what causes my problem.

Posted by Martin Hauner <Ma...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Ulrich Eckhardt <ul...@tuxator.satorlaser-intern.com>.
On Monday 06 February 2006 15:46, Achim Domma wrote:
> trying to check-in some changes on my code, I get once again the
> following message:
>
> Commit failed (details follow):
> Your file or directory '...' is probably out-of-data
[...]
> I'm the only person working on this project, so there are no changes on
> the server side. The only thing special on the project is a library
> which is imported via svn:external.

Could it be that either of your machines' system time is wrong?

Uli