Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org> on 2008/09/02 23:25:08 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.

I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w

There were:
8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
0 0's
0 -1's

Which were cast by:
Alan Conway
Arnaud Simon
Martin Ritchie
Gordon Sim
Carl Trieloff
Yoav Shapira (binding)
Rajith Attapattu
Lahiru Gunathilake

Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
Release notes are located here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create

Please vote to:
[+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
[0] que?
[-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected

- Aidan

[1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
leg work for this one
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2008/9/4 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:

> Definitely a big step in the right direction, however......
>
> The ruby, c++, and python packages don't have the disclaimer in them.
>
> The Java licenses file mentions the EPL, but I didn't see any eclipse licensed
> jars and stuff.   I could have missed it though.   Not a big deal though.
>

> Dan

Thanks for catching that Dan I've put the missing files in now. The
Java Management Console is and Eclipse bundle though we don't release
it as a standalone component to run it or compile it you will need a
variety of EPL jars.

At some point we may have individual releases of the broker, client
and management console but for M3 just now they are a single Java
release.

Regards,

Martin

> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 5:25:08 pm Aidan Skinner wrote:
>> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
>> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
>> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
>> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>>
>> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
>> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
>> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>>
>> There were:
>> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
>> 0 0's
>> 0 -1's
>>
>> Which were cast by:
>> Alan Conway
>> Arnaud Simon
>> Martin Ritchie
>> Gordon Sim
>> Carl Trieloff
>> Yoav Shapira (binding)
>> Rajith Attapattu
>> Lahiru Gunathilake
>>
>> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
>> Release notes are located here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&sty
>>leName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>>
>> Please vote to:
>> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
>> [0] que?
>> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>>
>> - Aidan
>>
>> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
>> leg work for this one
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Martin Ritchie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by Martin Ritchie <ri...@apache.org>.
2008/9/4 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:

> Definitely a big step in the right direction, however......
>
> The ruby, c++, and python packages don't have the disclaimer in them.
>
> The Java licenses file mentions the EPL, but I didn't see any eclipse licensed
> jars and stuff.   I could have missed it though.   Not a big deal though.
>

> Dan

Thanks for catching that Dan I've put the missing files in now. The
Java Management Console is and Eclipse bundle though we don't release
it as a standalone component to run it or compile it you will need a
variety of EPL jars.

At some point we may have individual releases of the broker, client
and management console but for M3 just now they are a single Java
release.

Regards,

Martin

> On Tuesday 02 September 2008 5:25:08 pm Aidan Skinner wrote:
>> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
>> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
>> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
>> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>>
>> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
>> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
>> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>>
>> There were:
>> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
>> 0 0's
>> 0 -1's
>>
>> Which were cast by:
>> Alan Conway
>> Arnaud Simon
>> Martin Ritchie
>> Gordon Sim
>> Carl Trieloff
>> Yoav Shapira (binding)
>> Rajith Attapattu
>> Lahiru Gunathilake
>>
>> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
>> Release notes are located here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&sty
>>leName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>>
>> Please vote to:
>> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
>> [0] que?
>> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>>
>> - Aidan
>>
>> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
>> leg work for this one
>

> --
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

Martin Ritchie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by lahiru gunathilake <la...@apache.org>.
Hi Aidan,
Looks good. works fine for me.

Lahiru

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

--Rajith

Posted by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I checked the signature and reviewed the license, notice, and
disclaimer files in the release, and everything looked good.

+1

Craig

On Sep 2, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Aidan Skinner wrote:

> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>
> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>
> There were:
> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
> 0 0's
> 0 -1's
>
> Which were cast by:
> Alan Conway
> Arnaud Simon
> Martin Ritchie
> Gordon Sim
> Carl Trieloff
> Yoav Shapira (binding)
> Rajith Attapattu
> Lahiru Gunathilake
>
> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
> Release notes are located here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>
> Please vote to:
> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
> [0] que?
> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>
> - Aidan
>
> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
> leg work for this one
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
> "Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore
> Roosevelt

Craig L Russell

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
2008/9/4 Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>>

>> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>>>
>>> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
>>> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
>>> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
>>> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>>>
>>> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
>>> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
>>> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>>>
>>> There were:
>>> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
>>> 0 0's
>>> 0 -1's
>>>
>>> Which were cast by:
>>> Alan Conway
>>> Arnaud Simon
>>> Martin Ritchie
>>> Gordon Sim
>>> Carl Trieloff
>>> Yoav Shapira (binding)
>>> Rajith Attapattu
>>> Lahiru Gunathilake
>>>
>>> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
>>> Release notes are located here:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>>>
>>> Please vote to:
>>> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
>>> [0] que?
>>> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>>>
>>> - Aidan

And now that I'm back from vacation

+1 from me also

-- Rob

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
Carl Trieloff wrote:

> Aidan Skinner wrote:
>> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
>> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
>> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
>> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>>
>> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
>> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
>> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>>
>> There were:
>> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
>> 0 0's
>> 0 -1's
>>
>> Which were cast by:
>> Alan Conway
>> Arnaud Simon
>> Martin Ritchie
>> Gordon Sim
>> Carl Trieloff
>> Yoav Shapira (binding)
>> Rajith Attapattu
>> Lahiru Gunathilake
>>
>> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
>> Release notes are located here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>>

>> Please vote to:
>> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
>> [0] que?
>> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>>
>> - Aidan
>>
>> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
>> leg work for this one
>>

> Did a quick review - RC4 seems to have all the noted fixes in it. so my
> +1 stands.

As does mine.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Incubating M3 (RC4)

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
I checked the signature and reviewed the license, notice, and
disclaimer files in the release, and everything looked good.

+1

Craig

On Sep 2, 2008, at 2:25 PM, Aidan Skinner wrote:

> There were some problems with the NOTICE and LICENSE files in RC3 (is
> there a good guide to this anywhere? having all the individual
> licenses in LICENSE seems odd to me...) so I've rolled RC4[1]  and
> would like to restart the vote to release Apache Qpid M3.
>
> I started the vote on qpid-dev at 2008-08-22:
> http://markmail.org/message/2a6pmx3sdgvh5bu5
> And closed it on 2008-08-27 http://markmail.org/message/xb3qppr5krtdp43w
>
> There were:
> 8 +1s (1 of which was binding)
> 0 0's
> 0 -1's
>
> Which were cast by:
> Alan Conway
> Arnaud Simon
> Martin Ritchie
> Gordon Sim
> Carl Trieloff
> Yoav Shapira (binding)
> Rajith Attapattu
> Lahiru Gunathilake
>
> Artifacts can be found at http://people.apache.org/~aidan/qpid/M3-RC4/
> Release notes are located here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12312117&styleName=Html&projectId=12310520&Create=Create
>
> Please vote to:
> [+1] Release Apache Qpid M3
> [0] que?
> [-1] No, there's still an issue with it which needs to be corrected
>
> - Aidan
>
> [1] I ran release.sh and uploaded the output, ritchiem did the actual
> leg work for this one
> --
> Apache Qpid - World Domination through Advanced Message Queueing
> http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
> "Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore
> Roosevelt

Craig L Russell

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.