Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/30 20:36:31 UTC

Re: Attacking M5 -- final steps (we hope)

We are getting very close....

(new) Last Issues
-- axis snapshot.  I think this is our last snapshot.  We have not been
able to find out when the official axis 1.3 release might be available.
  If we can't get an answer really soon I think we should make a
svn-revision-labelled release for ourselves.  I think David Blevins
will attempt to pursue this more with the axis people.
-- GERONIMO-518 commons-logging/tomcat/jetty classloader issue.  I
think everyone has agreed to add commons logging to the exclusion list
for M5 and pursue a better solution as soon as possible.  Is this
correct? Who will apply the patch?
-- installer update.  I think I've figured out how izpack works and I'm
working on updating the setup.  Hopefully this will be done in a couple
hours
-- welcome app (not crucial but nice)  We have some tweaks to the
welcome app to  improve its appearance etc.  Getting these applied to
M5 would be nice.  Any takers?
-- release notes  David Blevins is finishing these.

Time Frame:

I would like to get M5 out this weekend.  While this is definitely in
line with the desires of my employer it is mostly because IMO M5 has
gone on long enough and we aren't going to get anything else
significant into it and I want to work on something else :-)

While I finish up the installer work, I'm building M5 and will publish
a snapshot shortly.  David Blevins and I will run the tck on it while
we figure out what to do about axis.  We now have 9 machines available
so we may be able to do this in about 8 to 10 hours.  Saturday morning
we hope to have the axis issue resolved and we will tag M5, build a
release candidate and commence testing it.  When we build the release
candidate we'd like to call for a vote to release if the tck passes, as
we did with M4 (hopefully the time between the candidate build and all
the tests passing will be much shorter this time).

David Blevins and I are both testing on linux x86.

How does this look?  Any comments or objections?

Many thanks,
david jencks

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
I'll do GERONIMO-518.