Posted to woden-dev@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org> on 2005/12/12 16:46:52 UTC

Woden status page

Hi (Lawrence),

I noticed you've just made changes to the Woden Site project. I was
wondering if you were going to include updates to the Woden project
status page [1] which seems very out of date ... has a completely
inaccurate list of committers. Were you planning on changing that in
SVN too? btw: it's here [2]. I'm happy to help if I can, not sure if I
have enough karma in the incubator public module though.

Thx,
Jeremy

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/projects/woden.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/woden.html

Re: Woden status page

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, all woden committers should have karma. holler if you see a problem :)

thanks,
dims

Re: Woden status page

Posted by John Kaputin <KA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Hi All,
milestone 2 released in December was really the first useful code base for
broader participation. I posted some comments about this in Dec, but then
Christmas and New Year vacation got in the way.  Just back at work today,
so will try to get some info posted on what needs doing. We can raise these
tasks on JIRA if it makes participation and tracking easier.

Along with Tony Rogers, another non-IBM potential contributor who offered
to help a few weeks back was Guillaume Nordet.

regards,
John Kaputin

             Sanjiva
             Weerawarana
             <sanjiva@opensour                                          To
             ce.lk>                    woden-dev@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             03/01/2006 03:27
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Woden status page
             Please respond to
                 woden-dev

Hi Arthur,

> I think interest in Woden will pick up now that the WSDL 2.0 Spec is
> going to CR. Tony Rogers expressed interest in contributing so now we
> have IBM, WSO2, and CA. How diverse do we need to be to get out of
> incubation?

3 is the minimum number of independent developers. However, the problem
is that WSO2 folks haven't participated actively yet .. and same for CA.
So we need to get more active participation over a period of time to
meet the diversity requirement.

(BTW Chathura is now at Indiana University .. so that helps too. But
he's not in a position to contribute yet, so that doesn't help much :(.)

I totally agree interest will skyrocket once the CR stuff kicks in. So
it could well be that in 2 months we are in a totally different
situation!

Sanjiva.

Re: Woden status page

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Arthur,

Re: Woden status page

Posted by Arthur Ryman <ry...@ca.ibm.com>.
Sanjiva,

I think interest in Woden will pick up now that the WSDL 2.0 Spec is going
to CR. Tony Rogers expressed interest in contributing so now we have IBM,
WSO2, and CA. How diverse do we need to be to get out of incubation?

Arthur Ryman,
IBM Software Group, Rational Division

phone: +1-905-413-3077, TL 969-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-2411, TL 969-2411
fax: +1-905-413-4920, TL 969-4920
mobile: +1-416-939-5063, text: 4169395063@fido.ca

Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>
12/30/2005 10:36 AM
Please respond to
woden-dev

woden-dev@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Woden status page

On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 14:35 -0500, Lawrence Mandel wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> I've been meaning to do this for a while so with your push I took care
> of it today. A few process items for which I would like confirmation
> from Woden's mentors and committers:
>
> 1. Paul, Sanjiva - please confirm that you're subscribed to the
> incubator PMC and general mailing lists and that you have access to
> the Woden SVN repository.
>
> 2. Committers (Chathura, Jeremy, John, Arthur, and me) - please
> confirm that you submitted a contributor agreement. I submitted my
> agreement.

On this topic .. one key criterion for incubator graduation is a
diversity of active committers/contributors. At this point, Woden will
not pass that test.

What can we do to fix that? Arthur, can we use the WSDL WG to try to get
more participants? How about BEA thru Dave Orchard??

Sanjiva.

Re: Woden status page

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Re: Woden status page

Posted by Jeremy Hughes <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi Lawrence, I have submitted my ICLA. I couldn't make SVN commits
until I had done it.

Jeremy

Re: Woden status page

Re: Woden status page