Posted to user@ant.apache.org by indu ss <in...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/14 17:46:00 UTC

cocoon error

Hello,

I was trying to compile some java files accessing
Cocoon  using build.xml, it gives this error

DOMWriter.java,
cannot resolve symbol:method  createElementNS
location :interface org.w3c.dom.Document

although i have w3c.jar in the classpath.
I'm using cocoon-1.8.2 & Ant 1.3 version.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: cocoon error

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, indu ss <in...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> although i have w3c.jar in the classpath.
> I'm using cocoon-1.8.2 & Ant 1.3 version.

It's best to upgared to Ant 1.4beta, as the problem stems from the XML
parser shipping with Ant 1.3.  Either that or replace parser.jar (and
probabyl jaxp.jar) from Ant 1.3 with your namespace aware parser of
choice.

Stefan