Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Jenya Strokin <ev...@netzero.com> on 2002/06/29 22:55:59 UTC

can xindice search collection by node value and bring document's id and is it fast?

Hi xindicers!!
I just found it, xindice, I needed it long time ago!
I'm playing with xindice and can't find: can I do query like this - "find in
what document /Person/login_id = 'login' and /Person/password='password' in
collection xyz"
Of course I can retrieve list of all document from collection xyz, and run
Xpath on each document, but if we have 40 000 users in system it probably
take forever. I'd like to indexed login_id and password fields and run one
quick query on what, is it possible?
Thanks, and sorry if it trivial question, I just started))
Jenya

Re: unexpected CORBA Exception

Posted by Mark Harrison <mg...@cam.ac.uk>.
Hi,

Regarding the exceptions Jenya reported which occur on some occasions,

I've noticed exaclty the same exception when for example I run an

xupdate:remove on a selection which evaluates to an empty node set.

i.e. the first time, when there are nodes which match the select
XPath, it removes them.
When no nodes are absent, it throws up exactly this exception.

Can anyone advise us about how (or indeed whether) Xindice
could/should gracefully ignore
xu:remove attempts to remove nodes which have already been removed -
without reporting errors
- or some elaborate workaround for dealing with this problem?

The specification of xu:remove states that the select expression must
evaluate to a node-set.
IMHO, an empty node-set should be acceptable - and should result in
no removals rather than an error.

Any ideas?

- Mark Harrison

RE: can xindice search collection by node value and bring document's id and is it fast?

Posted by Jenya Strokin <ev...@netzero.com>.
Thank you Wei-Chin,
I should read manual twice before send such questions to mail list, it was
really trivial question ))))

It is illustrated in Kimbro's Administrators Guide
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/AdministratorsGuide.html#N46

Wei-Chin

Posted by wh...@cae.wisc.edu.