Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2018/09/10 19:55:03 UTC

Outdated or broken info in OAK HTTP binding examples?

Hi,

I tried to follow the examples described in
https://github.com/woonsan/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-http.
I ran `java -jar oak-run/target/oak-run-1.10-SNAPSHOT.jar server`, and
observed these:
- The documentation seems to have missed 'server' command line
argument in the example.
- The first http command to retrieve the root node gives an HTML
output, not JSON, even with `-j` option. (I'm using httpie 0.9.9.)
- The following examples also fail; perhaps related to the json
content type handling (-j option).

Do you have any idea about these?

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan

Re: Outdated or broken info in OAK HTTP binding examples?

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Good to know. Thanks Julian and Davide! Always better to ask first. ;-)

Cheers,

Woonsan

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Davide Giannella <da...@apache.org>.
On 10/09/2018 20:55, Woonsan Ko wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to follow the examples described in
> https://github.com/woonsan/jackrabbit-oak/tree/trunk/oak-http.
> I ran `java -jar oak-run/target/oak-run-1.10-SNAPSHOT.jar server`, and
> observed these:
> - The documentation seems to have missed 'server' command line
> argument in the example.
> - The first http command to retrieve the root node gives an HTML
> output, not JSON, even with `-j` option. (I'm using httpie 0.9.9.)
> - The following examples also fail; perhaps related to the json
> content type handling (-j option).

I think this is a non-maintained feature that should be removed from
oak-run and documentation.

Any feedbacks?

Davide