Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marcelo Romulo Fernandes <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/18 15:12:25 UTC

How to set null value to selectItem in myfaces 1.2

Hi everyone,

    I used the following code to set "null" to the Boolean property filterCancelledStatus of userListPageBean. It worked well when i was working with myfaces 1.1, but when i migrate to myfaces 1.2, the value is set to False, why? The same problem occurs with Long properties because with myfaces 1.2 the value 0 is set.

     <h:selectOneMenu id="filterCancelledStatus" styleClass="base-h-selectOneMenu" value="#{userListPageBean.filterCancelledStatus}">
               <f:selectItem itemValue="" itemLabel="#{msg['label.all']}"/>
               <f:selectItems value="#{userPageBean.cancelledStatusSelectItemList}" />
     </h:selectOneMenu>

   Any suggestions?
   Thanks in advance.

´s marcelo

Re: How to set null value to selectItem in myfaces 1.2

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Unless you have a converter, you're not setting the value to null,
you're setting the value to empty string.   There's a variety of ways
to handle it.   One way might be to use itemValue="#{someBean.null}"
and implement public Object someBean.getNull() { return null; }
Another way is to use a converter and convert empty string into null
values, or you can use a special placeholder value instead of empty
string.