Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io> on 2017/06/02 05:36:40 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-165: Extend Interactive Queries for return latest update timestamp per key

Thanks for the KIP Jeyhun.

Some comments:
 - why do you only consider get() and not range() and all() ?
 - we cannot have a second get() (this would be ambiguous) but need
another name like getWithTs() (or something better)
 - what use case do you have in mind for getKeyTs() ? Would a single new
method returning KeyContext not be sufficient?
 - for backward compatibility, we will also need a new interface and
cannot just extend the existing one

-Matthias

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Hi,

This issue seems to be resolved as part of KIP-258. Thus, I close this
discussion and mark this KIP as discarded.

Let me know if there is any objection. Thanks.

-Matthias

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Jeyhun,

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-165: Extend Interactive Queries for return latest update timestamp per key

Posted by Jeyhun Karimov <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michal,

Posted by Michal Borowiecki <mi...@openbet.com>.
Hi Jeyhun,