Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/09/07 10:54:24 UTC

I still don't understand the need for the connection between Apache and Tomcat

Dear people,

    I still don't understand why is there a need for a connection between
Apache and Tomcat since Tomcat can work on its own.

Regards,

Anson

Re: I still don't understand the need for the connection between Apache and Tomcat

Posted by James Harman <ha...@comcast.net>.

Yann Cébron wrote:

>>    I still don't understand why is there a need for a connection between
>>Apache and Tomcat since Tomcat can work on its own.
>>

>Maybe this sheds some light on a few motivations
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/connectors.html#integrate
>
>HTH,
>
>    Yann

Yann,

Thanks for that link.  It has really good guidelines for both deployments.

James

Re: I still don't understand the need for the connection between Apache and Tomcat

Posted by Yann C�bron <ya...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Anson Zeall <ze...@bigpond.net.au>.
Oh thanks!.....that solved my confusion =)