Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kkmca <ke...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/19 02:50:34 UTC

newby problem with using artifacts in repository

i want to retrieve a few of the latest build artifacts from the internal
repository and package them in a zip for use locally - two of the artificats
are wars one is a jar - I am not sure how to write a pom that would do this
- could you point me to an example?

Re: newby problem with using artifacts in repository

Posted by Tamás Cservenák <ta...@cservenak.net>.
The service is already on repository.sonatype.org. So, for example, to get
the LATEST nexus-indexer (g: org.sonatype.nexus a: nexus-indexer), you need
an URL like this:

http://repository.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/redirect?r=snapshots&g=org.sonatype.nexus&a=nexus-indexer&v=LATEST

The service does accepts RELEASE (will return 404 if param 'r' points to a
snapshot repo!), LATEST and base version numbers for snapshots, and those
will get resolved to latest timestamped version, if exists.

Sadly, not visible from the browser, but the service does returns 404 if it
is not able to resolve the query.

This feature will be in 1.0, but...

the only the redirect service is enabled for now, the two

http://localhost:8081/nexus/service/local/artifact/maven
http://localhost:8081/nexus/service/local/artifact/maven/content

are disabled and will stay disabled in 1.0.

Have fun,
~t~

Posted by kkmca <ke...@yahoo.com>.
I guess more what i am looking for is a url i can use to get the latest
snapshot from the nexus repository-

I have tried fetching from the repository but the http request i built to