Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Red <va...@yahoo.ca> on 2008/10/03 20:13:04 UTC

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

On Mon, 2008-29-09 at 09:37 +0200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> I suggest you create a JIRA issue for this. If you can provide a patch
> (and even better a simple unit test) that would be even better..

Simon, I finally got some time to write a patch and a test for this
issue. I tried to setup the MyFaces project in my Eclipse environment,
but I ran into some trouble. This is probably something simple, but I
don't have a lot of time to figure out what it is on my own, since I am
not familiar with MyFaces build system.

Here is what I did:
1) svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/core/trunk_1.2.x
myfaces-core-project

2) cd myfaces-core-project

3) mvn install

I got this error from maven:

org.apache.myfaces.buildtools:myfaces-builder-plugin:pom:1.0.2-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/1),
  repository.jboss.com (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/),
  apache.snapshots
(http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

I checked repo1.maven.org and it contains the 1.0.1 version of this
artifact. Where is maven supposed to find 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT version?

Thanks a lot.

Val

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Red <va...@yahoo.ca>.
On Mon, 2008-06-10 at 16:27 -0500, Leonardo Uribe wrote:

> On my local repo there are versions from 1.0.4 to 1.5.6. Maybe it is
> related to your maven version. Try upgrade your maven version. I'm
> using 2.0.8.

I was using maven 2.0.7. I upgraded to 2.0.9. The versions of
plexus-utils are still the same as they were, but something else must
have changed b/c now everything works.

Thanks a lot, Leonardo.

Val

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Red <va...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-06-10 at 14:39 -0500, Leonardo Uribe wrote:
>
> > It is a problem related to plexus dependencies. If
> > myfaces-builder-plugin and myfaces-builder-annotations compiles, this
> > dependency should be available on local repository. Try rebuild all
> > maven2-plugins and then try again.
> >

> I went to my .m2/reposity directory and deleted all plexus related
> stuff. I then 'mvn install'ed maven2-plugins again.
>
> Tried 'mvn install' on myfaces-core-project and got the same error.
>
> Is this a version problem? There are 3 versions of plexus-utils that get
> downloaded when maven2-plugins are built (1.0.1, 1.0.2 and 1.0-alpha-3).
> I looked for the missing method in all of them and none of them have it,
> so the error message is not lying. Why is the MyFaces build tool plugin
> expecting that method to be there?

On my local repo there are versions from 1.0.4 to 1.5.6. Maybe it is related
to your maven version. Try upgrade your maven version. I'm using 2.0.8. It's
more, I'm using two diferent environments (windows and linux) with maven and
in both compiles without problem.

 myfaces-builder-plugin has a custom unpack goal that uses
maven-dependency-plugin api (and transitively plexus utils to include and
exclude files).

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Red <va...@yahoo.ca>.

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Red <va...@yahoo.ca>.

Re: Bug in ApplicationImpl

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Red <va...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-29-09 at 09:37 +0200, Simon Kitching wrote:
>> I suggest you create a JIRA issue for this. If you can provide a patch
>> (and even better a simple unit test) that would be even better..
>

> Simon, I finally got some time to write a patch and a test for this
> issue. I tried to setup the MyFaces project in my Eclipse environment,
> but I ran into some trouble. This is probably something simple, but I
> don't have a lot of time to figure out what it is on my own, since I am
> not familiar with MyFaces build system.

It is an issue with the myfaces core project, that is known. We have a
dependency
to unreleased artifacts (not sure if that is really needed). So it is
kinda a pita to get it
working.

a) include the apache snapshot repository in your pom, like:
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>apache.snapshots</id>
        <name>Apache Snapshots Repository</name>
        <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
        <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
        </snapshots>
        <releases>
           <enabled>false</enabled>
        </releases>
      </repository>
    </repositories>

b) check out the *builder* and build it:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/myfaces-build-tools/trunk/maven2-plugins/myfaces-builder-plugin/

I know... a little extra work (there may be even more).

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf