Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl> on 2011/09/22 12:53:35 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1173874 - in /openejb/trunk/patched-libraries: openwebbeans-jsf-patched/ openwebbeans-jsf-patched/pom.xml pom.xml

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM,  <db...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: dblevins
> Date: Wed Sep 21 21:28:17 2011
> New Revision: 1173874

> Log:
> patched openwebbeans-jsf without the faces-config.xml

Why do we need it?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
Java EE, functional languages and IBM WebSphere - http://blog.japila.pl

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 22, 2011, at 3:53 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:28 PM,  <db...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: dblevins
>> Date: Wed Sep 21 21:28:17 2011
>> New Revision: 1173874

>> Log:
>> patched openwebbeans-jsf without the faces-config.xml
>
> Why do we need it?

Some functionality of the OWB supplied faces-config.xml breaks the TCK in some situations.  Specifically the unconditional wrapping of the faces Application and ExpressionFactory objects.  We swap it out for something nearly identical, but with the tweak that it can be turned on and shut off without having to physically remove/add the jar from the classpath.

I don't suspect we'll need it very long and can move the change into OWB in some non-objectable fashion.

-David