Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shashank <sh...@icmg.nu> on 2002/03/12 10:44:37 UTC

Error in starting..

Hi !

I start the Tomcat using  catalina.sh run option.

Following message is printed on the console.
PARSE error at line -1 column -1
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported.
How to solve this.

Will this affect my applications deployed on tomcat. BEcause currently I
am having problem in that.
May be I discuss that later but first solution to this one. May be this
solves my problem.

take care
Shashank

Re: Error in starting..

Posted by Neo Gigs <gi...@yahoo.com>.
if u r using tomcat for unix, i think the right file to execute to start is
startup.sh

Re: Tomcat and Apple Macintosh

Posted by Joel Rees <jo...@alpsgiken.gr.jp>.
Addey O.S.E wrote:

> I have an iMac G3 350 with MacOS 9.2, MacOS X 10.1, and Linux Mandrake
> 8.0 PPC. I have Apache 1.3.23 installed under Mandrake 8.0 PPC, have
> downloaded Tomcat 4.0.3 and now I'm looking for an appropriate JDK to
> build it. I can't seem to find a compatible JDK, the JDK for Linux from
> Sun is binary and will not work, simply because the binary is built for
> Intel. Is there a JDK available for my scenario?

Have you tried blackdown? (You'll probably need to compile something, since
you need ppc binaries.)

Google-ing "linux jdk" should show you at least two others.

Many of the folks in the openBSD community use blackdown, from what I hear.

I personally am finding little motivation to load Linux on my iBook. Older
hardware, yes. It sure is easier to dual-boot Macintoshes than MSWintel
boxen.

Have fun.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment
Suita, Osaka

Re: Tomcat and Apple Macintosh

Posted by Ken Martin <ke...@digitalcyclone.com>.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 04:19 AM, Addey O.S.E. wrote:

> I have an iMac G3 350 with MacOS 9.2, MacOS X 10.1, and Linux
> Mandrake 8.0 PPC. I have Apache 1.3.23 installed under Mandrake
> 8.0 PPC, have downloaded Tomcat 4.0.3 and now I'm looking for
> an appropriate JDK to build it. I can't seem to find a
> compatible JDK, the JDK for Linux from Sun is binary and will
> not work, simply because the binary is built for Intel. Is
> there a JDK available for my scenario?

I can't help your specific question, but FYI, Tomcat works
perfectly on OSX in conjunction with Apache. There's no need for
the LInux unless you just prefer it. The Java on OSX works great.

Gotta say... MySQL/Tomcat/Apache on OSX rocks as a development
platform... and I use Golive which can link right into the
databases... fun stuff. Some configuration, though.

Ken Martin

Tomcat and Apple Macintosh

Posted by "Addey O.S.E." <ad...@canc.rpa.cs.nsw.gov.au>.
Hi there,

Just joined the list. Have a few questions that have driven me around
the bend trying to find what I'm looking for.

I have an iMac G3 350 with MacOS 9.2, MacOS X 10.1, and Linux Mandrake
8.0 PPC. I have Apache 1.3.23 installed under Mandrake 8.0 PPC, have
downloaded Tomcat 4.0.3 and now I'm looking for an appropriate JDK to
build it. I can't seem to find a compatible JDK, the JDK for Linux from
Sun is binary and will not work, simply because the binary is built for
Intel. Is there a JDK available for my scenario?

Cheers,

Addey