Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by guerra <jg...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 14:20:27 UTC

ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Hi,

I've just wondering whether MQTT running on ActiveMQ has support for the
failover protocol. AFAIK MQTT supports the HA feature but, does anyone know
whether this can work on ActiveMQ?

Thank you and cheers

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by guerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your replies

We'll start soon to do some tests with Java/C and one or two arduinos
attached to the broker to see how it goes.

Cheers

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by surfnerd <su...@outlook.com>.
Hey Rob,

Sure. I will create JIRA for the same.

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by Robert Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yikes - WS got missed want to raise a jira?

On 7 May 2014, at 03:43, surfnerd <su...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Actually link stealing doesn't work for MQTT + Webscokets.
> Simple testing:
> Connect with MQTT WS client library ( Eclipse Paho) and connect-disconnect
> multiple times.
> It will give error of client already connected.
>
> Thanks

Rob Davies
————————
Red Hat, Inc
Twitter: rajdavies
Blog: http://rajdavies.blogspot.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
for 1) is that covered by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-4719

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by guerra <jg...@gmail.com>.
Okay, thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are right but I was looking at this link

https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ism/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ism.doc%2FDeveloping%2Fdevmqttapp.html
<https://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ism/v1r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ism.doc%2FDeveloping%2Fdevmqttapp.html>

and I am not fully sure whether ActiveMQ supports the settings this link
suggest in order to get a HA connection. I agree with you that it's a client
stuff the failover thing but, do you think it is enough before jumping in
into this?.

The bottom line is that we have already a HA infrastructure based on
ActiveMQ and we'd like to take advantage of it with new devices based on
MQTT. I hope the ActiveMQ folks will actively poke the integration/support
of this protocol into the broker.

Thank you

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 +MQTT

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 04/30/2014 08:20 AM, guerra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just wondering whether MQTT running on ActiveMQ has support for the
> failover protocol. AFAIK MQTT supports the HA feature but, does anyone know
> whether this can work on ActiveMQ?
>
> Thank you and cheers

It's up to your client to provide automatic reconnect, the broker
support keep alive checking from the client and the like but reconnect
is a client side feature.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.