Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Cong Zhao <zh...@apache.org> on 2023/09/11 03:13:21 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] PIP-286: Add findNewestPosition method in the TopicCompactionService API

Hi, guys

I noticed that the only globally ordered fields in the metadata are 'publishTime' and 'entryIndex' (offset), so I split the previous method into `findEntryByPublishTime` and `findEntryByEntryIndex`,
this will make method definitions more precise.

The method returns the entry directly instead of RawEntryMetadata to avoid introducing a new interface, it's important to note that the caller needs to release it manually.

I already updated the proposal, please help review it.

Thanks,
Cong Zhao

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
+1 for me.