Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2003/06/18 22:02:10 UTC

[Vote] Merge LogKit "Compat" back into source code

LogKit has separated out the "Compat" directory to provide all
the back compatibility stuff that is there.  At this point, the
separation is artificial at best.  The core cannot compile without
it, and the compatibility stuff cannot be safely removed without
breaking compatibility.

If LogKit will only be supported until Log4J 2.0 comes about,
why do we want to have them in a separate directory?  They will
be included in the main JAR anyway.

Merging "Compat" into the main source directory will make the
maven build easier to write (i.e. no preprocessing necessary),
and the Gump build equally easy.

VOTE: Merge Compat into the main source tree

+1 from me

Re: [Vote] Merge LogKit "Compat" back into source code

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote, On 18/06/2003 22.02:
> LogKit has separated out the "Compat" directory to provide all
> the back compatibility stuff that is there.  At this point, the
> separation is artificial at best.  The core cannot compile without
> it, and the compatibility stuff cannot be safely removed without
> breaking compatibility.
>
> If LogKit will only be supported until Log4J 2.0 comes about,
> why do we want to have them in a separate directory?  They will
> be included in the main JAR anyway.
>
> Merging "Compat" into the main source directory will make the
> maven build easier to write (i.e. no preprocessing necessary),
> and the Gump build equally easy.
>
> VOTE: Merge Compat into the main source tree
>
> +1 from me

+0

Seems good, but cannot help

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Vote] Merge LogKit "Compat" back into source code

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> LogKit has separated out the "Compat" directory to provide all
> the back compatibility stuff that is there.  At this point, the
> separation is artificial at best.  The core cannot compile without
> it, and the compatibility stuff cannot be safely removed without
> breaking compatibility.
>
> If LogKit will only be supported until Log4J 2.0 comes about,
> why do we want to have them in a separate directory?  They will
> be included in the main JAR anyway.
>
> Merging "Compat" into the main source directory will make the
> maven build easier to write (i.e. no preprocessing necessary),
> and the Gump build equally easy.
>
> VOTE: Merge Compat into the main source tree
>
> +1 from me

+0

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org

http://avalon.apache.org/sandbox/merlin

Re: [Vote] Merge LogKit "Compat" back into source code

Posted by Leo Simons <le...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> LogKit
>
> VOTE: Merge Compat into the main source tree

+0

do what makes sense (I do not know enough about logkit to have an
informed opinion).

- Leo

RE: [Vote] Merge LogKit "Compat" back into source code

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> VOTE: Merge Compat into the main source tree
>
> +1 from me

+1

Carsten