Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/21 11:12:10 UTC

[VOTE] MINA 2.0.5 Release

Hi !
We are ready for a new release of MINA. This is a bug fix release, we tried to clean a lot of pending issues.

Fixed issues :

  *

    [DIRMINA-539  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-539>] - NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the TrafficClass value set to his DatagramSessionConfig

  *

    [DIRMINA-760  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-760>] - Client fails to detect disconnection

  *

    [DIRMINA-764  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-764>] - DDOS possible in only a few seconds...

  *

    [DIRMINA-772  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-772>] - First sent message is not garbage collected per session

  *

    [DIRMINA-777  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-777>] - IoSessionConfig.setUseReadOperation(true) doesn't seem to work

  *

    [DIRMINA-779  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-779>] - SSLHandler can re-order data that it reads

  *

    [DIRMINA-782  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-782>] - Combination of SslFilter & FileRegionWriteFilter causes messageSent events to be lost

  *

    [DIRMINA-784  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-784>] - Error with MDCInjectionFilter on Windows

  *

    [DIRMINA-804  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-804>] - NioDatagramAcceptor.unbind does not unbind cleanly

  *

    [DIRMINA-806  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-806>] - Maven dependencies for mina-integration-* for non-OSGi-users

  *

    [DIRMINA-817  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-817>] - Packaging is buggy

  *

    [DIRMINA-829  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-829>] - AbstractIoBuffer.getSlice(int index, int length) has incorrect behavior

  *

    [DIRMINA-835  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-835>] - IoHandler's sessionCreated and sessionOpened method can receive notifications when MINA's internal socket connection built

  *

    [DIRMINA-840  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-840>] - Logic Error in ByteArrayPool implementation

  *

    [DIRMINA-842  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-842>] - Crash on Android

  *

    [DIRMINA-846  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-846>] - AprSocketAcceptor doesn't work and throws IOExceptions many times.

  *

    [DIRMINA-871  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-871>]
      - DefaultIoSessionAttributeMap returns the defaultValue parameter if no
      entry is found for the specified key, but does not add that new
    key/value pair to the map as specified in the javadocs.

  *

    [DIRMINA-880  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-880>] - Implementation of SslFilter#isCloseNotify() is incorrect

  *

    [DIRMINA-886  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-886>] - isBrokenConnection

  *

    [DIRMINA-887  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-887>] - mutil bind localAddress

  *

    [DIRMINA-894  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-894>] - java.io.IOException: Broken Pipe infinite loop

  *

    [DIRMINA-897  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-897>] - atomicity violation bugs because of misusing concurrent collections

  *

    [DIRMINA-898  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-898>] -  A wakeup() is issued in a thread before the target select() is executed.

  *

    [DIRMINA-900  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-900>] - One MINA 2.0.4 test is failing when run with a 1.7 jdk

Improvement

  *

    [DIRMINA-593  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-593>] - Javadoc & documentation for org/apache/mina/filter/reqres

  *

    [DIRMINA-645  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-645>] - SslFilter should start initiating handshake from sesionCreated() rather than from onPostAdd()

  *

    [DIRMINA-682  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-682>]
      - We need a better documentation for the ExecutorFilter [was :Writing
    more than one message will block until the MessageReceived as been fully
      proceced]

  *

    [DIRMINA-761  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-761>] - how to shutdown a mina application

  *

    [DIRMINA-780  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-780>] - Writing null objects to the Session should raise an Exception

  *

    [DIRMINA-800  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-800>] - Review the Maven files to fix some issues in the release

  *

    [DIRMINA-825  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-825>] - Add host and port info to BindException thrown by NioSocketAcceptor#open

  *

    [DIRMINA-847  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-847>] - Entry and Exit action support for Mina state machine

  *

    [DIRMINA-867  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-867>] - Needs meaningful error message when AbstractIoSession.write called with null

  *

    [DIRMINA-888  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-888>] - Add the ability to get the write queue size like: session.getWriterRequestQueue().size();

New Feature

  *

    [DIRMINA-816  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-816>] - NioSocketConnector missing defaultLocalAddress

Task

  *

    [DIRMINA-477  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-477>] - Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x

  *

    [DIRMINA-681  <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-681>] - Strange CPU peak occuring at fixed interval when several thousand connections active

A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
approved):http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.5/

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this release and
all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/

The subversion revision for the tag is : 1375426

The sources distributions are available for download on :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.5/

Let's vote :
[ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.5
[ ] ±0 | Abstain
[ ] -1  | Do*NOT* release MINA 2.0.5

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.5 Release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 21 August 2012 14:14, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 8/21/12 12:23 PM, sebb a écrit :
>>
>> On 21 August 2012 10:12, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
>>> approved):http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/tags/2.0.5/
>>
>> It would be better to use an immutable tag with an RCn suffix which is
>> renamed/copied when the vote succeeeds.
>
> Yes, but this is not the way we chose to proceed at MINA... Maybe for MINA 3
> ?
>

>> Some issues with SVN props (non-blocking):
>>
>> svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>
>> mina-statemachine/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/statemachine/annotation/OnEntry.java
>> svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>
>> mina-statemachine/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/statemachine/annotation/OnExit.java
>> svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>
>> mina-statemachine/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/statemachine/transition/AbstractSelfTransition.java
>> svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>
>> mina-statemachine/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/statemachine/transition/SelfTransition.java
>> svn ps svn:eol-style native
>>
>> mina-statemachine/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/statemachine/transition/MethodSelfTransition.java
>

> Fixed with http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1375490&view=rev
>

>> -1: Missing AL header:
>>
>>   =======================================================================
>>   ==D:/RC/2.0.5/ImprovedJavaConventions.xml
>>   =======================================================================
>>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
>> <profiles version="10">
>> <profile name="Improved Java Conventions" version="10">
>> <setting id="org.eclipse.jdt.core.formatter.align_type_members_on_columns"
>> value="false"/>
>>
>> Seems wrong for this file to be at top-level; also it ought to be
>> identified as being for Eclipse only.
>> I recommmend using an approach like the one Tomcat use:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/res/ide-support/eclipse/
>>
>> Note that they include AL headers.
>

> I have created a sub-directory "resources" and moved this file there. We
> can't inject the ASF header in it, as it's a generated file (so per se, it's
> an eclipse file).

But you (or someone) generated the file by setting up the required settings.

>>> The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
>>> release
>>> and
>>> all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/
>>>
>>> The subversion revision for the tag is : 1375426
>>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1375426&view=rev
>>>
>>> The sources distributions are available for download on :
>>>
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.5/
>>
>> -1: There does not seem to be a binary distribution package anywhere.
>

> I forgot to pushed the binary on my people.apache.org account. Will do...

If Maven is set up correctly, this should happen automatically; both
the source and binary packages should be included.

You may need to use "package" before "deploy", i.e.

mvn package deploy ....

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.5 Release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.5 Release

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> and
> all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/
>
> The subversion revision for the tag is : 1375426
>
> The sources distributions are available for download on :
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-023/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.5/

-1: There does not seem to be a binary distribution package anywhere.

-1: The top-level NOTICE.txt file has:
Apache MINA
Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation.

That should probably be:

Apache MINA
Copyright 2007-2012 The Apache Software Foundation.

Also are you sure that all the content is *required* ?

The ASF releases source (and SVN is source) so the NOTICE file should
The N&L for source distributions should only relate to what is
*actually included* in the distribution, not dependencies that may
perhaps be present in binary bundles.

[Cancel] [VOTE] MINA 2.0.5 Release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
There are some missing AL headers, plus a few things to fix.

I cancel the vote atm. Will be back later !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com