Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by MarkoRI <ma...@baricevic.net> on 2008/01/25 00:16:03 UTC

T41: dojo form validation on submit problem, Firefox

Hi,

I have a problem with form validation i T41.
I have one simple login <form> with username/password (required validators
on them) and one simple Submit button.
So, in IE, when I click Submit, I'm getting message "You must enter ... bla
bla", also, when I hit Enter keyboard key when cursor is on username
validators are doing their job fine.

But problem is with Mozilla Firefox ... behaviour of Submit button is the
same as in IE, but ENTER key doesn't work in Firefox. On ENTER form goes
with request posting without any validation :-(

Any suggestions or ideas ?

Thanks.

Marko.

Re: T41: dojo form validation on submit problem, Firefox

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
I dont remember having such issues, but...
can you create the simplest example that reproduces this and add
it as an issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY) ?

BTW, is it possible that you have another button in your form
which is actually the one triggered when you hit ENTER?

On Jan 25, 2008 10:21 PM, MarkoRI <ma...@baricevic.net> wrote:

> I'm using 4.1.3 ...
>

> Jessek wrote:
> >
> > Which version of 4.1.x are you using?
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 6:16 PM, MarkoRI <ma...@baricevic.net> wrote:
> >>
> >>  Hi,
> >>
> >>  I have a problem with form validation i T41.
> >>  I have one simple login <form> with username/password (required
> >> validators
> >>  on them) and one simple Submit button.
> >>  So, in IE, when I click Submit, I'm getting message "You must enter ...
> >> bla
> >>  bla", also, when I hit Enter keyboard key when cursor is on username
> >>  validators are doing their job fine.
> >>
> >>  But problem is with Mozilla Firefox ... behaviour of Submit button is
> >> the
> >>  same as in IE, but ENTER key doesn't work in Firefox. On ENTER form goes
> >>  with request posting without any validation :-(
> >>
> >>  Any suggestions or ideas ?
> >>
> >>  Thanks.
> >>
> >>  Marko.
> >>  --
> >>

> > --
> > Jesse Kuhnert
> > Tapestry / OGNL / Dojo team member/developer
> >
> > Open source based consulting work centered around
> > dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind. http://blog.opencomponentry.com

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: T41: dojo form validation on submit problem, Firefox

Posted by MarkoRI <ma...@baricevic.net>.
I'm using 4.1.3 ...

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.