Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Yasunori Oto <yo...@yahoo-corp.jp> on 2018/05/14 01:29:38 UTC

How to handle the multiple versioning for depending on other parallel developing product versions

Dear,

We have a problem of the versioning for parallel branches when we deploy to the Maven repository.

Our tool depends on Apache Hive. Hive has two development branches (1.x and 2.x series like Python 2 and 3).
And then, we must give a reaction for each version.
But, Maven repository versioning should be increment in master branch, I think.

If someone know how to handle the branches and there versioning, please teach us the knowledge.