Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by gp...@sify.com on 2001/01/03 20:44:01 UTC

Not getting output display for forumdemo example- Please Help

Hi all

I am new to velocity.
My enviornment:
Win2000/Apache-tomcat3.1.1

Problem - I tried to run the forumdemo eg and I
dont get display

Steps followed by me
1)Copied the forumdemo folder to my web app
directory
2)Made necessary configuration in web server
(tomcat) to access the project
3)Modified the velocity.properties file to give
the FULL_PATH

When I access the project via url
http://localhost:80/forumdemo/index.html ,

I get the index page. When I select the \"What
would a chair look like if your knees bent the
other direction?\" link, I dont get a display. I
added debug statements in Controller Servlet and
Velocity servlet
Following are the observations from my debug
statements
1)The program goes through the entire process

2)The \"propsFile\" variable in VelocityServlet
gives me an output as
C:\\jakarta-tomcat\\webapps\\forumdemo\\WEB-
INF\\conf\\velocity.properties

3) The template variable in VelocityServletis not
null.

Still I don\'t get an output in my browser

Can any one help?

Thanks in advance

Prathapan Nair

This mail sent through  http://www.sify.com