Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/11 04:22:34 UTC

PatternConverter.WriteDictionary IDictionaryEnumerator overload

I was looking through some old files on my system (from 12/2005) and came across a modified PatternConverter.cs on my local system were I had overloaded the WriteDictionary method to accept an IDictionaryEnumerator. The IDictionary overload forwarded to the IDictionaryEnumerator version:

protected static void WriteDictionary(TextWriter writer, ILoggerRepository repository, IDictionary value)
{
 WriteDictionary(writer, repository, value.GetEnumerator());
}

Does anyone remember discussions on the list about why this might be beneficial? I don't remember anything. Do people ever use IDictionaryEnumerator? I think it was an attempt to automagically dump items in the Session or HttpContext objects.

Hrmmm...