Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/09 13:25:35 UTC

FieldChacheFilter Vs NumericRangeFilter

Hi,
   I run search using FieldChacheFilter and NumericRangeFilter and i am
getting the similar results. Searchtime is same in both the cases. My index
size is 10000000 documents.
My point is :

1. When search is performed using FieldCacheFilter then it caches the first
query search result and so next query searches becomes fast. But its not the
case with NumericRangeFilter then Why i am getting the same search time in
both implementations.

2. I want to know in which case i should use filters. I am performing
searches on DateRanges. User just enters a date to search the required
document, will it b benificial to use filter in this case.
As far as i know filters should use when u want to apply some constraints(
eg. hide documents which are of "high security") , but in my case too
seaching is very fast in case of filter. Should i really use filter?

-----
Romi