Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by solo turn <so...@yahoo.com> on 2003/08/13 20:53:02 UTC

svn 0.26 unusable on debian?

doing a test-migration from rhat7 to debian, we experienced that svn gets very fast very slow on
debian (stable, with mixed in unstable to get subversion to run). after some time, we got
timeouts.

so we had to restart apache 3-5 times a day, and also do a svn recover.

we used:
- svn 0.24.2, svn 0.26
- apache2-mpm-worker, 2.0.47
- access via https

can it be, that db4.1 is the cause for that, or could it be apache2-mpm-worker?
(debian uses db4.1 as their default).

Re: svn 0.26 unusable on debian?

Posted by Thom May <th...@planetarytramp.net>.
* solo turn (soloturn99@yahoo.com) wrote :
> doing a test-migration from rhat7 to debian, we experienced that svn gets very fast very slow on
> debian (stable, with mixed in unstable to get subversion to run). after some time, we got
> timeouts.
>
> so we had to restart apache 3-5 times a day, and also do a svn recover.
>
> we used:
> - svn 0.24.2, svn 0.26
> - apache2-mpm-worker, 2.0.47
> - access via https
>
> can it be, that db4.1 is the cause for that, or could it be apache2-mpm-worker?
> (debian uses db4.1 as their default).

Well, I certainly wouldn't run with -worker on stable. but "lots" (at least
one) of people run svn on stable with no appreciable problems.
I would make sure you use the woody backport of svn, from
people.debian.org/~cjwatson/subversion-woody (iirc, certianly all but the
last bit is right), or just run unstable. Mixing the two is not going to
help in finding this problem.
-Thom