Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Anne-Sofie Nielsen <An...@kapowtech.com> on 2006/07/07 13:49:54 UTC

Caching in HttpClient

Hi,

I am in the process of replacing an old and annoying HTTP client with
Apache's HttpClient.

1) As far as I can see, there is no built-in HTTP caching in HttpClient?
Is that correct?

2) If so, do you know of any cache implementations build on top of
HttpClient?
   It would be slightly annoying to have to write one myself... :-P

Best regards,
Anne-Sofie Nielsen,
Kapow Technologies

Re: Caching in HttpClient

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello,

> 1) As far as I can see, there is no built-in HTTP caching in HttpClient?
> Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. Caching is not in the scope of HttpClient:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-httpclient/ForAbsoluteBeginners#head-e5df784207b3082d88f0c254a0b656275c2b2855

> 2) If so, do you know of any cache implementations build on top of
> HttpClient?

I don't.

cheers,
  Roland