Posted to users@sling.apache.org by mknair <mk...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/07 13:25:17 UTC

Sling JobManager With Karaf "Unsatisfied" status for JobManagerConfiguration

I am trying to use Sling JobManager with Apache Karaf and trying out a
program as described here ().

After installing the features, I am getting the following error

["Unsatisfied","Service Name:
org.apache.sling.event.impl.jobs.config.JobManagerConfiguration","Multiple:
single","Optional: mandatory","Policy: static","No Services bound"]
Any one encountered this error before ? Appreciate your help.

Regards

Re: Sling JobManager With Karaf "Unsatisfied" status for JobManagerConfiguration

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Which means we need some kind of a repository to store like, oak, mongodb
etc as well. So we need to wait for the features to be published in public
forum to use sling events within our karaf based app.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Friday 08 July 2016 22:13:39 mknair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understood this correctly, I need NOT use features listed below (which
> are required to be installed for sling-launchpad-oak-tar
> * sling-launchpad-oak
> * sling-extension-discovery-oak
> * sling-scripting
> * sling-extension-healthcheck
> * sling-extension-bundleresource
> * sling-extension-adapter
> * sling-installer
> * sling-servlets
> * jackrabbit-sling
> * tika-sling
> * sling-jcr
> * sling-jcr-oak
> * sling-launchpad-oak-tar
>
> instead for using the sling.event capability
> 1) Create a ResourceProvider in my application in similar lines to the
> example you shared .
> 2) Install following features
> * sling
> * sling-commons-scheduler
> * sling-commons-threads
> * sling-extension-discovery
> * sling-extension-event

No, read my second mail in this thread.

O.

> Any configuration changes required ?
>

> Regards
>
> Manoj
[...]

Re: Sling JobManager With Karaf "Unsatisfied" status for JobManagerConfiguration

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[...]

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  Any examples we can refer to?

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Great!  Is there any option to use sling 7or8 without persistence?

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad/6/
> org.apache.sling.launchpad-6-features.xml
>
> for Sling 7 and Sling 8 so that we can directly refer from our
> applications. Is it planned in the near future ?

Launchpad Karaf Features is decoupled from Launchpad (builder) and it has
now
its own version. That will allow releases more frequently (and fine grained
features). The initial release is blocked by some issues in Sling and Karaf
but should happen this year (2016) finally.

O.

[...]

.

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Olivier. What we are looking for is  feature repository like

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/sling/org.apache.sling.launchpad/6/org.apache.sling.launchpad-6-features.xml

for Sling 7 and Sling 8 so that we can directly refer from our
applications. Is it planned in the near future ?

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.

Posted by mknair <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Oliver Lietz <ap...@oliverlietz.de>.
On Thursday 07 July 2016 06:25:17 mknair wrote:
> I am trying to use Sling JobManager with Apache Karaf and trying out a
> program as described here ().

Where?