Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marco Beishuizen <mb...@xs4all.nl> on 2011/05/08 13:20:53 UTC

warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

Hi,

When spamd is started at boot time I get the error:

warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at
/usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

It has been there for a long time but doesn't seem to be damaging, but I
was wondering what it means, and if I can get rid of it.

Thanks and regards,
Marco

PS: running SA on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE
--
He who writes with no misspelled words has prevented a first suspicion
on the limits of his scholarship or, in the social world, of his general

Re: warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
Marco,

> When spamd is started at boot time I get the error:
> warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at
> /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444
> It has been there for a long time but doesn't seem to be damaging, but I
> was wondering what it means, and if I can get rid of it.
> PS: running SA on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE

It's innocent. Fixed in 3.3.2 and in trunk.

  Mark

Re: warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

Posted by Marco Beishuizen <mb...@xs4all.nl>.
On Sun, 8 May 2011, the wise Michael Scheidell wrote:

> missing the syslog conf setting?

I don't have anything spamd related in syslog.conf.

> the official freebsd port? what port version? newest?

Yes, it's the latest portversion (4.8.0)

--
Who to himself is law no law doth need,
offends no law, and is a king indeed.

Re: warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

Posted by Michael Scheidell <mi...@secnap.com>.
On 5/8/11 7:20 AM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> warn: Use of uninitialized value $opt{"syslog-socket"} in lc at
> /usr/local/bin/spamd line 444

missing the syslog conf setting?

> PS: running SA on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE
> --
the official freebsd port? what port version? newest?

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
o: 561-999-5000
 >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation

    * Best Intrusion Prevention Product, Networks Product Guide
    * Certified SNORT Integrator
    * Hot Company Award, World Executive Alliance
    * Best in Email Security, 2010 Network Products Guide
    * King of Spam Filters, SC Magazine