Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Shoberg <js...@cbd.net> on 2001/05/22 04:43:17 UTC

Class, Bean Directory Structure

So now that I have Apache, Tomcat, mod_jk running happily I have a question
about directory structure.  My directories are as follows ..

../../apachegroup/tomcat/jakarta

	+webapps

		+myapp

			|index.jsp, info.jsp

			+images

			+WEB-INF

			+servlet

			+META-INF

So when I am writing servlets, what directory should they go in?  If I am
using a servlet in a subdirectory under the root myapp, such as
../../myapp/joeuser/, do they still go in the same place?

So when I am writing javabeans, what directory should they go in?  If I am
using a servlet in a subdirectory under the root myapp, such as
../../myapp/joeuser/, do they still go in the same place?

What do the WEB-INF and META-INF directories mean? How are they used ?

AW: Class, Bean Directory Structure

Posted by Thomas Bezdicek <th...@engnetworld.com>.
if you look at $HOMCAT_HOME/webapps/examples you can see the
where to put your servlets or jsps.

regards, tom