Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Imabayashi, Kazuya" <ka...@sap.com> on 2004/03/19 08:56:13 UTC

cookie version info

Hi there,

I have a small question regarding cookie handling.
When I execute GetMethod to some host, cookies are returned.
However, each cookie has its version info, like "$version=0".
An application of the target host cannot process this properly.
When I took some http traces via IE, no version info specified.

Does anybody have any idea on this?

Regards,
Kazuya Imabayashi

Re: cookie version info

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello,

there are two versions of the Cookie spec, the old one
(RFC 2109) and the new one (RFC 2965). Cookies that
adhere to the new spec include version info when sent
back to the server. RFC 2965 also includes information
about compatibility with older servers.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2965.txt

My guess is that the server supports the new cookies,
but the application running on the server does not.

cheers,
  Roland

"Imabayashi, Kazuya" <ka...@sap.com>
19.03.2004 08:56
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     Commons HttpClient Project
<co...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        cookie version info