Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Allen Young <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/15 05:13:54 UTC

What is the Struts2's Roadmap?

Hi all,

I'm want to know the roadmap of struts2, because I have a project in the
short future and I want to see if I can use struts 2.0.2 or later. The "Zero
Configuration" and "RESTful URL" are the most attractive features and I
really want to use them in my project.

Another small question, will struts2 migrate to spring2? And when? So far as
I know, struts2 uses spring1.2.8.

Thanks.

Allen

Re: What is the Struts2's Roadmap?

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
On 1/14/07, Allen Young <al...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm want to know the roadmap of struts2, because I have a project in the
> short future and I want to see if I can use struts 2.0.2 or later. The "Zero
> Configuration" and "RESTful URL" are the most attractive features and I
> really want to use them in my project.

We plan to tag 2.0.3 soon, and hope to get a GA quality release in
2.0.3 or soon after.  The zero configuration and restful mapper are
indeed key features we hope to highlight better once we get the
release done.

> Another small question, will struts2 migrate to spring2? And when? So far as
> I know, struts2 uses spring1.2.8.

The Struts 2 Spring plugin has used Spring 2 for a few weeks now.  In
fact, we now have  Spring Web Flow and Spring MVC plugins as listed in
the registry:

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2PLUGINS/home.html

Don