Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2020/06/17 21:04:56 UTC

Camel website: documentation or projects

Hi Cameleers,
we have a discussion on pull request #397[1] about merging the
Documentation and Projects sections on the website. This came about
from a fair bit of duplication we currently have between those two
pages and we're trying to consolidate and simplify.

We're looking for community feedback on this:
 - would you expect this unified page to be under "Projects" or under
"Documentation"?
 - what do you expect to find on this page (description, links, etc?)

thanks :)

zoran

[1] https://github.com/apache/camel-website/pull/397
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: Camel website: documentation or projects

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.
Indeed, I think documentation serves what I would expect from that page.

Regards,
Omar

Posted by Omar Al-Safi <om...@oalsafi.com>.

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Ajmera, Hemang C" <he...@cgi.com>.
Hi

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Federico Valeri <fe...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I think that two links should be immediately visible in the
homepage/menu: documentation and download. For this reason I prefer
documentation. I like the fact that we are highlighting the base Camel
framework in the preview, but there is no example link like in the
other projects and I would include Camel APIs as a link inside it,
rather than in it's own box.

Thanks for taking care of this.

Posted by Federico Valeri <fe...@gmail.com>.