Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de> on 2009/10/06 01:01:00 UTC

My first commits...

...are not yet complete but trying to get everything into nice
chunks takes some time. Feel free to make suggestions if I should put
more or less into each commit.

bye,

-christian-

Re: My first commits...

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
>> Christian,
>> why are you committing to a branch? We usually commit to the trunk
>> only.
>
> After trying to merge the previous changes I understand why :)

Yes that was exactly what I had in mind :-)
Thanks for merging your changes manually again - lots of work
Cheers
Christian

Re: My first commits...

Posted by Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>.
Am Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:57:38 +0200
schrieb Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>:

> Christian,
> why are you committing to a branch? We usually commit to the trunk
> only.

After trying to merge the previous changes I understand why :)
Using "svn merge" the original message goes away so I had to
get the diffs from my mail archive and apply & commit them
again.

> B/c of the commit messages we all can follow whats happening and
> step in

Speaking of it, now comes new changes...

bye,

-christian-

Re: My first commits...

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
On Tue, 6 Oct 2009 06:57:38 +0200, Christian Grobmeier
<gr...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Christian,
> why are you committing to a branch? We usually commit to the trunk
> only. B/c of the commit messages we all can follow whats happening and
> step in
> Cheers

I would say that is how it is done elsewhere.

Here, for most things, just commit to trunk.
If it is a large refactor of something or a new feature then fair enough,
maybe talk about it
on the dev list and create a branch then if that is what is decided.

> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Christian Hammers <ch...@lathspell.de>
wrote:
>> ...are not yet complete but trying to get everything into nice
>> chunks takes some time. Feel free to make suggestions if I should put
>> more or less into each commit.

Looks ok to me, if you spot a typo that is a one line commit, do it, doesnt
matter.
If you are working on something that changes hundreds of lines of code,
adds and deletes
files etc, but that is the only way to do it without breaking trunk, then
thats fine also.

Dont worry about building up into chunks to make a nice commit, commit
early and often is good,
even for a few lines at a time.

And, Welcome !!! :)

--