Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2003/05/15 18:04:27 UTC

Deprecation

Hi Lenya developers,

I would suggest not to use deprecated API.
We have the deprecation target to check that.
The post-refactoring codebase contains again
a lot of references to deprecated stuff,
e.g. org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source.

Thanks!

Andreas

Re: Deprecation

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Michael Wechner wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> I would suggest not to use deprecated API.
[...]
> Maybe we shoud do a "sprint" on this.

Yes, this is a great idea!

> btw, who would be interested to attend a "Lenya sprint" here in
> Zurich, maybe by the end of June?

Me :)

Andreas

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Maybe we shoud do a "sprint" on this.
>>
>> btw, who would be interested to attend a "Lenya sprint" here in
>> Zurich, maybe by the end of June?
>

> Other issues I would be interested in:
>
> - replace DOM4j by JAXP
> - find an alternative to LOG4j

And another one:

- get familiar with an XPath API, e.g. JXPath

Andreas

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
> Michael Wechner wrote:

<snip />

>> Date:     Friday, June 27th, 9 am
>> Location: University of Zurich, Switzerland (well, we need to ask;-)
>
> I'll (try to) be there

ok, that makes two already :-)

Anyone else?

Michael

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Robert Koberg <ro...@koberg.com>.
:)

Exactly - great idea! I wish many more content management systems would stay
away from the office and discuss things at a university, that bastion of
groupthink, please :)

Just joking (kind of), have fun :)
-Rob

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.de>.
Hi!

> sorry for the late response, but I'm on holiday and enjoying the
> off-line life ;-)
>
> Am Samstag, 07.06.03 um 15:28 Uhr schrieb Gregor J. Rothfuss:
>

> > What about:
> >
> > Date:     Friday, June 27th, 9 am
> > Location: University of Zurich, Switzerland (well, we need to ask;-)
> > <<
> >
> > i would prefer saturday since i work on friday.
>
> +1 for me too. However, not being a programmer, I'd like to dig a bit
> deeper in Lenya and meet some of you guys. Therefore, I think my
> preference isn't uttermost important but it would be glad, if I could
> make it to the event.

Saturday would be OK with me, too, though Friday would be more convenient.

Marc

RE: Sprint

Posted by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch>.
I don't know my schedule after mid-july yet, but it might be accomodable :-)

go ahaed and fix a date without me, I'll try to be there

---

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.de>.

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Marc wrote:

>>>So what was the final outcome of this? Will there be a Sprint on
>>>Saturday or not?
>>>

>>No, not this Saturday. Please apologize for the lack of communication.
>>It's difficult to get a room on Saturday
>>at the Universities. But folks from "Swiss Stock Exchange" might want to
>>sponsor a room, but they need more
>>time for "organizing" a room. I am currently talking to them, but I
>>guess we need to postpone it to the end of July.
>>
>>Would such a date still be alright for you (and others)?
>>

>Any news?

not really. I let it slip, but thanks very much for the reminder. I am
still interested in organizing it. I will give it another try for August.

Thanks

Michael

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.de>.

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.de>.

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Markus Vaterlaus wrote:

<snip />

> If there is no possibility to get a room at Uni or ETH, I could check
> two other opportunities (spacious rooms w/ beamer and educational
> infrastructure

yes, that would be great if you could check

> ; no idea of availability and or costs

unfortunately we don't have money, unless we find a sponsor

Thanks

Michael

Re: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Markus Vaterlaus <mv...@mus.ch>.
Hi all,

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

What about:

Date:     Friday, June 27th, 9 am
Location: University of Zurich, Switzerland (well, we need to ask;-)
<<

i would prefer saturday since i work on friday. also it may

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch>.

 <snip />

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.

<snip />

Date:     Friday, June 27th, 9 am
Location: University of Zurich, Switzerland (well, we need to ask;-)

Thoughts?

Thanks

Michael

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Marc <kl...@saphor.de>.

RE: Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Mehmet Birgi <me...@birgi.ch>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Michael Wechner wrote:
> > Maybe we shoud do a "sprint" on this.
> >
> > btw, who would be interested to attend a "Lenya sprint" here in
> > Zurich, maybe by the end of June?
>
> Other issues I would be interested in:
>
> - replace DOM4j by JAXP
> - find an alternative to LOG4j

How about Logkit?

Any news on the sprint idea? I should be in Zurich by the end of june would
love to take this opportunity to catch up with you guys and find my way back
to contributing (I have just checked out Lenya from CVS for the first time
since almost a year (!), and must say, a lot has been going on lately, I'm
quite overwhelmed :-)

Cheers,

Memo

> Andreas

---

Sprint [was: Deprecation]

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.

Re: Deprecation

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Lenya developers,
>
> I would suggest not to use deprecated API.
> We have the deprecation target to check that.
> The post-refactoring codebase contains again
> a lot of references to deprecated stuff,
> e.g. org.apache.cocoon.environment.Source.

Maybe we shoud do a "sprint" on this.

btw, who would be interested to attend a "Lenya sprint" here in
Zurich, maybe by the end of June?

For those who don't know what a sprint is, here some explanation:

http://www.oscom.org/Conferences/Sprints/

Thanks

Michael