Posted to dev@ozone.apache.org by "Elek, Marton" <el...@apache.org> on 2020/12/01 09:15:05 UTC

[MEETING-NOTES] Community meeting 2020-11-30

Recording:

https://cloudera.zoom.us/rec/share/I0P4xOtfSzoVsJbnUvOlWfffgbYt-SBAqX5MG8NfOATAusov9CtRX3_LMKa983xg.GBymCU6qup7zmUPl
Passcode: a%hES+0R

1. Status of release 1.1:

  * Waiting for decom branch merge
  * We need a release manager (!)
  * We should start with ratis-thirdparty and ratis releases

2. environment variable migration: HADOOP_* -> OZONE_*

How to avoid usage of HADOOP_CLASSPATH if it's set in the environment
(but it's not required for Ozone).

Follow HDDS-4525

3. (from ~0:15) Streaming data for write-path

Shashi gave a good presentation Ratis streaming and Ozone

  TLDR; manage data operations (like writeChunk) and metadata operations
(like putBlock) in different way would provide significant performance gain.

(The real problem is more complex than this TLDR;, and there are
multiple ways to do it, I recommend to check the recording).

Thanks,
Marton